Massachusetts video- Part
Watch, listen, and fill in the
- The Pilgrims settled at ________
in 1620.102 people had come, but by spring, only people survived,
due to a hard winter and scarce food.
- In 1630, another group of
Englishmen landed in Salem. They were called __________ Their
governor was ________ ____________
- Shortly before the English came,
an ________ had almost wiped out the tribes that lived near the
- By 1675, the Indians, led by
______ __________ or Metacom, began fighting against the settlers.
This went on for many years.
- In 1691, William and Mary granted
a new charter to the Province of Massachusetts Bay, including the
Province of __________
- Farming in Massachusetts was a
very difficult way to make a living, so people turned to the sea.
___________ did for Massachusetts what tobacco and cotton did for
- Ships were used for __________
goods with England, the West Indies, the Canary Islands, and many
- List four historical places in
Massachusetts that can be visited.
Put a * next to the two places
you would most like to visit.